Ten seniors sign at collegiate level

Ten seniors sign at collegiate level

For the second time this year, De Soto High School had a group signing for students continuing their athletic career after high school.

In February the first group signing took place. Athletic and activities director John Sedler chose to have the signings take place in the Little Theatre due to the lack of space. Sedler wanted more students to attend the signings, so they were moved to seminar as well.

On May 6, 10 additional seniors signed to continue in their respective sports next year.

From the baseball team, senior Jack Mayes will be attending Baker University and senior Trent Brents will attend Kansas City Community College.

Senior Luke Stenzel will be running track at Emporia State Univeristy and senior Nick Patterson will be attending Baker University.

The only senior on the girls’ soccer team, Crystal Carrillo, signed to continue her soccer career at Baker University.

Senior boys’ soccer players Alejandro Carlos and Arturo Sanchez will be playing soccer at Coffeyville Community College, and senior Drew Schmuker will be playing soccer at Benedictine College.

Senior Alex Deghand will attend Wichita State University where she will be a cheerleader, and senior volleyball player Elaina Grantham will be a part of the rowing team at Kansas State University.

These students will be joining six other seniors to play at the collegiate level.